Friday, May 07, 2010

Treasures in the Back

I decided to kick off the house tour by starting in the backyard. There are just too many treasures out there to ignore! I'm sure it has NOTHING to do with the fact that I've yet to take pictures of the inside.
I LOVE seeing little treasures like this in my backyard now. Sigh...it makes my heart happy.
This sight also makes my heart sing. My incredibly sweet, delightfully funny, and amazingly creative (not to mention downright GORGEOUS) Juliana running under our GIANT tree. Chad actually just trimmed up the bottom, so now Juj has the best time playing under there. Yesterday it served as both church and Grandma's house. And yes, she moved her little stools out there and was giving instructions for the service ... a song was even included.
If there is something to be found, including trouble, this 18-month bundle of energy knows how to find it.
Yes, Addie, that is amazing dirt.

One of my favorite things about the back are the labels. Yes, I said labels. The older lady who lived here before apparently loved gardening and loved irises even more. We will have hundreds coming later in the summer. But for now, I just read the labels and let my imagination run wild.
Yes, who doesn't need a little frivolity in their lives?
Obviously, if frivolity isn't enough, you need a good thrill. Times two.
I think a mom came up with this title. And finally, my favorite...
Cannot wait to see this beauty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE this post! Your back yard rocks! My girls say so!