Disclaimer: Well, I think it's fair to say that this measly little blog has been neglected as of late. Blame it on being pregnant, blame on three very busy toddlers, blame it on planting a church ... blah, blah, blah. There's just not enough time for everything, and computer activities are the first to go. AND my computer died recently, which makes it even harder to get online. BUT ... my oldest turns 4 today, so I am using nap time to jot down some thoughts. I also don't have any current pictures since they had to be rescued from the laptop, but here are a few faves from the past years.
I was so sure this day would not come so soon ... having a 4 year old seems surreal. I tear up now thinking *official* school starts next year. But, whether I like it or not, my baby girl is growing up. Even just in the past few months Juliana has started acting more like a little girl and less like a toddler (sniff, sniff). She has become quite a helper to me, and I can't wait to see her become a big sister for the third time. She is intrigued with changing diapers, but loses her courage every time I say I'll let her change Breck's.
This little girl had her first ballet lessons and loved it! Although, sometimes she would just do her own thing instead of what everyone else was doing. She LOVES wearing dresses ... some days we compromise by leggings with a long shirt. I love that she is girly and always wanting to carry a purse of some sort. Juliana is an utter and hopeless chatterbox! The talking simply does not stop. She still loves having people over, and her kindness and sense of hospitality continue to develop. Here are some of our other highlights right now:
- Still loves eating (that really hasn't changed at all). Will eat almost anything, except cantaloupe, mushrooms, and chunky tomatoes (but this has been consistent since she started eating solids).
- LOVES to read, for which I am so thankful. Even reading on her own -- she'll just curl up on her own sometimes.
- Loves playing with her babies/stuffed animals, and is quite the little mother to them.
- Loves being outside
- Loves her baby brother!
- Loves running and giggling with Addie
- Is doing great with her *preschool* work right now. Nothing too fancy, but she is catching on quickly. She would LOVE to go to school right now and keeps asking if she can not do school at home and can have another teacher.
- Still loves to sleep. Still naps every day for 1.5-2 hours, and sleeps 11-12 hrs at night. Do NOT wake this child before she is ready.
- LOVES to sing -- all the time. Will even make up her own songs if necessary.
This beautiful brown-eyed girl brings us such joy and happiness ... I am excited to see all that God has in store for her.